Just yesterday, I received deeply disappointing news. The search for my biological father has hit another brick wall. Back to square one. Again.
So now I have two choices: 1. Wallow and let this emotion paralyze me. 2. Decide to live in excellence in spite of a wounded heart.
I choose to live by #2’s standard. Whether I’m writing, speaking, coaching, or just plain living my personal life, I have decided to do it with excellence — regardless of how I feel. And so far, the results are amazing.
On Engaging Life and Leadership, my co-host Darren Dake and I discussed eight keys we’ve found that can unlock an excellent life. Tune in via our podcast, or read through, but either way, we believe if you apply these principles, over time you will see your life change for the better. Cause an effect leading to positive results. It’s happened for us.
You can download and listen to our podcast while you drive, walk, workout, clean the house, or complete any other mundane task. Subscribe and take Engaging Life and Leadership with you wherever you go for a convenient learning experience. Take a moment to download now, then listen anytime, anywhere.
Now, take a simple assessment to help you anytime mediocrity slips in, threatening to consume you with less than you’re meant for.
Are you living good, better, or best? But there’s a distinction.
God never asked you for the best — He just asked you for your best. And if you give it, things will change.
When you decide to carry a spirit of excellence with you wherever you go, you will stand apart from the crowd at work, in a restaurant, on the street, at church, or any other place you have an opportunity to influence others for good. As I often say, “In order to become irreplaceable, a difference must be evident.”
Darren adds, “Work from your passion. Giving all your energy is different than giving all your potential.”
God has given us all we need to succeed. The secret is using these eight keys to unlock the life we’re meant to have.
Engaging Life and Leadership’s 8 Keys to Unlocking a Life of Excellence:
1. Value Excellence. To influence others, people expect you to have high values and a high level of excellence. Then you are someone to be followed.
2. Take Responsibility. Average says – Our people won’t, they just aren’t the right type, etc. Excellence says – We have not lead our people to….
3. Work from your passion. Giving all your energy is different than giving all your potential. God has given us all we need to succeed. Why attempt average at something your not passionate about, and fail at being excellent at what God gifted you in?
4. Pay attention to details. This is different than “don’t sweat the small stuff.”
5. Develop a deep commitment to excellence.
6. Go the second mile, and third, or fourth. Responsible people do what is expected. Excellent people do more — but take less glory.
7. Be consistent. Consistent success is in doing many small things well is always better than sporadic success – slow growth is often times stable growth.
8. Never stop improving. Many times we blame others for the lack of progress we are making. But often times we have stopped moving forward, and they are just following our example.
Personal growth must come before we are ever equipped to make a difference anywhere else. We all want to align ourselves with people of excellence.
Are you someone others want to follow?
Anita Fresh Faith
Daniel 6:3 ESV
Then this Daniel became distinguished above all the other presidents and satraps, because an excellent spirit was in him. And the king planned to set him over the whole kingdom.
As Darren and Anita travel the country speaking on leadership and excellent living, they encourage others to pursue their own excellent life. You aren’t meant to be stale, but refreshing, energizing, dynamic, and fresh. It’s a surprise gift waiting for you to unwrap.
Receive an abundance of prosperity and peace when you learn and apply the secrets discussed. This show on Engaging Life and Leadership will inspire you to make simple, yet powerful changes. Your life should never be the same. Remember, you’re always leading, but are you leading well?
Now reaching over 57 countries, including the UK, word of this podcast continues to catch fire. Consider helping spread the message by going on iTunes to rate and review the program. Listen to three shows, then give your honest evaluation. Let your voice be heard.
You can always find Engaging Life and Leadership on iTunes, Stitcher, Juice, Downcast, Podcruncher, TuneIn Radio, SoundCloud, and other podcatcher platforms. We welcome and appreciate any and all reviews, please find us on iTunes, and leave your honest opinion today.
Leave your feedback, questions, or comments, at www.engaginglifeandleadership.com. Find Darren at www.darrendake.com and email firstname.lastname@example.org. Anita at anitabrooks.com and at her email email@example.com.
Thanks, and tune in to Engaging Life and Leadership next time, where a single podisode could transform your life from mediocrity to magnificent!
Don’t forget to check out Anita’s Book, First Hired, Last Fired — How to Become Irreplaceable in Any Job Market, and Darren’s book, Unrighteous today.