My energy often flags when I’m trying to do something mentally creative. Culprits drain my ability to produce, at the times I often need to do the most.
These are my top five energy enemies:
1. Dehydration — Drinking water is the best fuel I can fill up on. Caffeine is the worst. Drying my body from the inside out, and causing my cells to shrivel like a parched flower in need of a drink.
2. Noise Pollution — Deaf to the effects of a culture saturated in noise, I often miss the toll of too many sound vibrations. Noise distracts and drains. Slipping into a quiet space for a few minutes can give my ears and my soul the refreshment they need.
3. Visual Strain — Resting my eyes by breaking from the scene in front of me stimulates different sensors. This triggers energy boosting endorphins, especially if I focus on the soothing colors of nature. Blue skies, green grass, and colorful flowers are better than any energy drink.
4. Foot Fatigue — Throbbing arches are enough to tell my body to take a nap. A self-induced mini foot massage is enough to get my blood flowing and my energy rising.
5. Bored Nostrils — Aromatherapy is rooted in its energy boosting powers. Cinnamon, Basil, Tea Tree, Peppermint, Rosemary, and Lemon are popular choices. For my body chemistry, I prefer a Peppermint and Lemon mix.
What do you use as a pick-me-up? Natural or synthetic?
Anita FreshFaith @ Work
Colossians 1:29 (NIV)
To this end I strenuously contend with all the energy Christ so powerfully works in me.
Anita Agers-Brooks is a Business Coach, Certified Personality Trainer, Communications Specialist, national speaker, and author. She lives in Missouri with her family.
Contact her via www.freshstartfreshfaith.org or firstname.lastname@example.org