Several years ago when I was going through the most excruciating period of my life, tsunami waves of tragedy and grief washing over me until I thought I’d never be able to breathe again, I couldn’t imagine.
I didn’t imagine that my life’s call would be to reach out to others from a place of experiential empathy. I didn’t dream I’d have the honor of coming alongside people to show a depth of compassion I never knew existed before. I didn’t comprehend how fulfilling it would be to find purpose out of pain.
Today, I can’t imagine anything else. It is my honor to help the hurting. So many did it for me.
When I was a child, I had a dream.
Once a secret dream, I now call reality.
Like many people, my life hasn’t been easy. No silver spoons, no fame, no fast fortune. But even those who can claim the world’s view of success, don’t necessarily live in peace, joy, courage, and hope. Why do the basic essentials to a meaningful life often feel so elusive?
I set out on a quest. And through hard work, practical application, failures, successes, and a teachable spirit, I discovered principles that make the difference.
I simply want to share what I’ve learned. I’m not a minister, and I don’t preach at people. Many of the places I speak are not appropriate settings for mentioning my faith in God. Though it is an intregal part of who I am, I don’t try to force-feed my beliefs into others. But if someone asks, neither will I hide why I am full of joy, courage, hope, and peace.
I want to help others discover their irreplaceable and irrevocable gifts, so they can make a difference. Dare to become the person you were created to be.
Though I grew up poor, the oldest of six children in rural Missouri, God has prospered the work of my hands. I want to help others plug into a truly successful and satisfying life.
I’ve experienced near-death, (I saw something, but it wasn’t a white light), betrayal, and in my forties, shocking news that changed my life.
But I still dare to laugh. I dare to be happy. I dare to love as if I’ve never been hurt.
Through my website, blog, books, and speaking engagements, I hope to help others unearth their own buried dreams. Have you got a one?
My track record for helping small businesses grow big business, makes owners, managers, employees, and governmental agencies ask for my help. And I’m glad to give it.
- I speak at conferences and do workplace trainings to help employers and co-workers struggling to understand and support the hurting in their organization, while maintaining the delicate balance of getting the work done.
- I’ve spoken to crowds of over 5,000 to private one-on-one discussions, about the honor of listening to the grief-stricken, and practical ways to demonstrate genuine concern. As a Certified Personality Trainer, I specialize in pointing out that cookie-cutter treatments don’t work. We are wired differently, making our needs and reactions unique.
- My strategic vision helps me see problems and solutions others often overlook. My tactical insights help me show leaders and their teams the necessary steps to turn dreams into goals, and goals into reality.
- I provide financial coaching and networking between those in need, and those who can afford to offer assistance.
- I create tools and templates designed to make everyday responsibilities easier to manage.
- I offer tiny tips to help the wounded get through the next moment, when one day at a time is too overwhelming.
- I care, knowing God sees the hurting, and loves what He sees. What you feel matters.
I want to show you how you can change the world, shaping crowns of beauty from the graying ashes of pain, while prospering at the same time — directly, and indirectly by the choices you make each day.
I hope to encourage others to eventually laugh in spite of their heartaches. We all have stories, and there are secrets in every one — I’ll tell you mine, and you can tell me yours. Let’s share a conversation.
Anita Agers Brooks motivates others to dynamic break-throughs, blending mind, heart, and spirit, as an Inspirational Business/Life Coach, International Speaker, and award-winning Author. Her latest book, Getting Through What You Can’t Get Over, and First Hired, Last Fired — How to Become Irreplaceable in Any Job Market are currently available at all major bookstores, Amazon, plus other online retailers.
Anita fulfills her mission to help 21st century women and men make fresh starts with fresh faith by sharing what she’s learned through experience, interviews, and research. She’s energized by overcoming adversity, work with integrity, healthy relationships, identity issues, and abundant living. Anita inspires audiences all over the world to believe as she does — in business, as in life and love, it’s never too late!
Anita’s favorite pastime is watching sunsets with her husband of over 30 years, while they laugh and dip their toes in the water. Her favorite passion is inspiring others to take life’s battles, and transform them into victories.
You can connect with her on Facebook, YouTube, Pinterest, LinkedIn, or Twitter. Keep up with Anita’s latest happenings at anitabrooks.com. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request information on having Anita speak or train at your next event.